At least five wounded in multiple Cairo explosions

By REUTERS
June 25, 2014 11:17

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Four small bomb blasts wounded at least five people in Cairo during the morning rush hour on Wednesday, security sources said, the first such casualties in the capital since Abdel Fattah Sisi became president this month.

Explosions hit Ghamra metro station in central Cairo, Shubra El-Kheyma, a northern district of Greater Cairo, and a station in Quba in northern Cairo, security sources said. Three people were wounded at Shubra and one person at Ghamra, but their injuries were not life-threatening, the sources said.

One person was wounded when a bomb attached to a car exploded near a Cairo court house and another explosive device was found at a fourth metro station in northern Cairo, the sources said.

Sinai-based militant groups have previously claimed bomb attacks in Cairo. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for Wednesday's attacks.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 18, 2018
Jerusalem Post closed for Yom Kippur

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF