Palestinian official: No breakthrough on deal to end Gaza conflict

By REUTERS, JPOST.COM STAFF
August 12, 2014 10:10

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A Palestinian official with knowledge of the cease-fire talks in Cairo told Reuters on Tuesday that another day was needed in Egyptian-mediated cease-fire talks before it would be evident whether a truce between Israel and Hamas would be achievable. 

"So far we can't say a breakthrough has been achieved ... Twenty-four hours and we shall see whether we have an agreement," said the official speaking on condition of anonymity.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 21, 2018
Afghan government considering new Eid ceasefire offer

By REUTERS