Palestinians living in Persian Gulf area given 1 month to leave

By JPOST.COM STAFF
September 4, 2009 10:28

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

UAE authorities in the Persian Gulf have ordered Palestinians living there to leave within a month, Al Quds al-Arabi reported Friday. No reason was given in the report, but the London-based paper said that the order was given by senior officials. Palestinian parliamentarian Atef Adwan told the paper that the plan was apparently to expel Palestinians, including those born in the area and who have lived there most of their lives. Meanwhile, the Lebanese Al Akhbar newspaper claimed that authorities in the Gulf were also deporting dozens of Lebanese Shi'ites, saying that in recent months, 45 Lebanese businessmen and clerks had been expelled. The paper said no reason was given for the move, but that it appeared to be a security decision.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 16, 2018
Russia welcomes Turkey-Saudi investigation into Khashoggi case

By REUTERS