Palestinians shut down school due to swine flu

By JPOST.COM STAFF
September 15, 2009 22:33

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The Palestinian Health Ministry on Tuesday shut down a West Bank school after several students tested positive for swine flu. The deputy health minister, Anan al-Masri, said at least six high school students in Nablus had been diagnosed with the flu and the school had been closed to prevent further spread of the disease. There have been about 130 cases of the H1N1 virus in the West Bank. All have been treated and there have been no confirmed deaths. Hundreds of parents from the Nablus school rushed into local clinics on Tuesday to have their children tested. The Health Ministry said it had ample resources to treat anyone infected.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 16, 2018
Turkey sentences six people to life in prison for Istanbul airport attack

By REUTERS