Police cannot rule out Barcelona terror suspect may have crossed to France

By REUTERS
August 20, 2017 14:32

BARCELONA - The chief of police in Catalonia said on Sunday he could not rule out that the last suspect still believed to be at large in the Barcelona attacks may have crossed to France.

"We don't have any specific information on this but it cannot be ruled out," Josep Lluis Trapero told a news conference in Barcelona, adding that border checks had been reinforced immediately after the attacks.

Trapero also said he could not confirm who was the driver of the van that killed 14 people in Barcelona.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 26, 2018
Saudi-led coalition says foils attempted attack by drone near Abha airport

By REUTERS