Pompeo: 'Handful more weeks' before U.S. responds to Khashoggi murder

By REUTERS
November 2, 2018 01:07
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

WASHINGTON, Nov 1 - U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Thursday it would take a "handful more weeks" before the United States has enough evidence to impose sanctions in response to the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul last month.

Pompeo, in an interview with KMOX radio in St. Louis, said President Donald Trump had made it clear Washington would respond to the killing. He said the administration is "reviewing putting sanctions on the individuals that we have been able to identify to date that ... were engaged in that murder."


Related Content

Breaking news
August 25, 2019
US-UK trade deal within a year of Brexit will be tight -UK PM Johnson

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings