Report: Operation in Syria kills person involved Beirut attacks

By REUTERS
November 26, 2015 11:42

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BEIRUT - An operation in Syria launched by the Syrian army and Lebanon's Hezbollah militia killed a person involved in the logistics of a twin suicide bomb attack in southern Beirut earlier this month, the Hezbollah-run al-Manar television channel said on Thursday.

The operation killed the person "responsible for transporting the two Borj al-Barajneh suicide bombers," the channel said in a news flash. It gave no further details.

Islamic State claimed the Nov. 12 explosions which targeted a crowded residential district in Beirut's southern suburbs, which are dominated by Hezbollah. The Shi'ite movement has been supporting President Bashar Assad in the Syrian civil.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
IDF: Kerem Shalom crossing into Gaza to be opened fully on Wednesday

By MAARIV ONLINE