Report: Suspect in Burgas bombing flew to Lebanon before blast

By REUTERS
August 1, 2013 13:17

WARSAW- A man suspected of organising a bus bombing in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas last year flew to Lebanon two days before the attack that killed five Israelis and their driver, Polish news website tvn24.pl reported.

Bulgaria said last month it believed the Lebanese Islamist group Hezbollah was behind the July 18, 2012, bus bombing that targeted Israeli holidaymakers, but it has not revealed all its evidence and Hezbollah denies any involvement.

If one of the suspects flew to Lebanon, where Hezbollah is based, so near to the date of the bombing, that could strengthen the arguments of some EU states and the United States who say Hezbollah was complicit and want firm action against the group.

The tvn24.pl website said, without naming its sources, that Meliad Farah, a 32-year-old Australian citizen of Lebanese origin, took the LO 145 flight from the Polish capital Warsaw to Beirut in Lebanon on July 16.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 19, 2018
BREAKING: IDF confirms drone fell in Syrian territory

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF