S.Korea's prosecutor says indicts former top Park aide, ex-minister

By REUTERS
February 7, 2017 08:34

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

SEOUL - South Korea's special prosecutor has indicted a former culture minister and a top aide to President Park Geun-hye on charges of abuse of power and perjury for their role in drawing up a blacklist of artists critical of the leader, a spokesman said.

Cho Yoon-sun, the former culture minister, last month became the first sitting member of Park's administration to be arrested. She subsequently resigned from her post.

Lee Kyu-chul, spokesman for the special prosecutor's office investigating a graft scandal that led to Park's impeachment by parliament in December, also said on Tuesday a former presidential chief of staff to Park has been indicted.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
June 20, 2019
Former Interpol chief admits guilt in China court hearing

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings