Salehi: No point in making concessions on nuclear program

By JPOST.COM STAFF
November 13, 2011 17:23

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi seemingly rejected the possibility of a diplomatic solution to ease tensions over the country's controversial nuclear program on Sunday, accusing the West of using the nuclear issue as "a pretext" to weaken Iran.

"I think there is no purpose in making additional concessions," Salehi said in an interview with the German weekly Der Spiegel.

Salehi rejected the report released by the International Atomic Energy Agency last week, which said that evidence suggests Iran is working toward a nuclear weapon. The Iranian foreign minister accused the UN nuclear watchdog and its head Yukiya Amano of giving up "objectivity," and bowing to pressure from "certain countries."

“We will call him and the atomic energy authority to account for these conclusions,” he told Der Spiegel.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 18, 2018
Nicaraguan police surround, attack anti-government stronghold

By REUTERS