Saudi citizen killed in rocket attack launched from Yemen

By REUTERS
May 22, 2015 10:22

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

DOHA - A cross border rocket attack launched from inside Yemen killed one Saudi citizen and wounded two others on Thursday in the southern province of Dhahran, Saudi Arabia's state news agency (SPA) reported.

"At 18:30 on Thursday the civil defense sent a communique stating that the village of al-Hosn in Dhahran faced [an attack] by military rockets from inside Yemeni territory, which resulted in the death of a citizen and injury of two others," SPA said late on Thursday.

The Saudi-Yemen border has in some places become a front line between the kingdom and Iran-allied Houthi rebel group that a Saudi-led Arab alliance has been bombing for eight weeks.

Earlier this week, the Houthis' Al Masira TV channel broadcast footage it said showed its fighters entering a Saudi border post after being fired on by Saudi tanks and helicopters.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 16, 2018
Netanyahu visits Sderot after tense weekend of rocket fire

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF