Saudi-led coalition jets kill 20 at wake in Yemen

By REUTERS
September 6, 2015 21:23

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

SANAA - Jets belonging to a Saudi-led coalition accidentally killed at least 20 people at a wake in northern Yemen on Sunday, local tribesmen said, as Arab warplanes pounded Houthi positions and allied forces behind a missile strike in which dozens of Gulf Arab soldiers died.

The air strikes targeted troops loyal to former president Ali Abdullah Saleh, an ally of the Houthis, across the country and hit a Houthi base in what was the al-Imam University, a religious school in northern Sanaa, residents said.

But the deadliest strike appeared to have been in the region of al-Yutma in al-Jouf province north of Sanaa, where warplanes accidentally bombed a wake for a local person who had been killed by the Houthis, local tribesmen said.

A spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition could not immediately be reached for comment.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 20, 2018
Senior Chinese diplomat says warmly welcomes inter-Korean summit

By REUTERS, REUTERS