Saudi security forces kill 2 suspected Shi'ite militants

By REUTERS
March 29, 2017 16:46
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For a symbolic $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Don't show it again

DUBAI - Saudi security forces killed two men who opened fire on police during a raid on a farm in eastern Saudi Arabia used by militants to plot and prepare for attacks, the interior ministry said on Wednesday.

The Mokhtar Brigades, a little known Shi'ite Muslim militant group based in neighboring Bahrain, identified the two men as Meqdad al-Nimr and Mohammed al-Nimr, describing them as "martyrs."

SPA said security forces came under fire while conducting a search in a farm outside the town of Awamiya.

"The source of gun fire was dealt with immediately and neutralized and the mission was completed successfully," the statement said, adding that four other people with a history of involvement in "terrorist and criminal acts" had been arrested.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 25, 2018
Taliban rejects pleas by Afghan elders for a ceasefire extension

By REUTERS