Schwarzenegger to quit 'Celebrity Apprentice' over show's Trump ties

By REUTERS
March 3, 2017 22:34
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

LOS ANGELES - Arnold Schwarzenegger is quitting his role as host of NBC's reality show "The Celebrity Apprentice," blaming US President Donald Trump's ongoing role as executive producer for low ratings.

Action movie star Schwarzenegger took over as host of "Celebrity Apprentice" last year, and his first season, which premiered in January, has been watched by around 4 to 5 million viewers."I loved every second of working with NBC and Mark Burnett. Everyone - from the celebrities to the crew to the marketing department - was a straight 10, and I would absolutely work with all of them again on a show that doesn't have this baggage," Schwarzenegger said in a statement.



The actor's representative said Schwarzenegger would not be returning for a second season.

Related Content

Breaking news
June 18, 2019
U.S. preparing to send more troops to Middle East

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings