Senegal army says regional force has launched strikes in Gambia

By REUTERS
January 19, 2017 22:46

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For a symbolic $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Don't show it again

DAKAR  - Senegal's army said on Thursday that an ECOWAS regional force has begun strikes as part of Operation "Restore Democracy".

Colonel Abdou Ndiaye did not say what type of strikes they were but said in a statement "significant" land, air and sea resources had been made available.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 24, 2018
Turkey's ruling AK Party at 43.1 percent with 90.17 percent of votes counted

By REUTERS