Source: France had no heads-up on Algerian army assault

By REUTERS
January 18, 2013 14:07

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

PARIS - The French government was given no advance warning of Thursday's assault by the Algerian military on militants holding dozens of hostages at a desert gas facility in Algeria, a senior government source said.

Asked whether the government had been given a heads-up, the source said: "No. We learned the same way you did what happened."

Related Content

Breaking news
July 17, 2018
A group of men attack German Jew wearing Israeli pin and kippa

By BENJAMIN WEINTHAL