Starbucks says boycott threats over refugee hiring hasn't hurt brand

By REUTERS
March 11, 2017 08:03
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

Starbucks Corp on Friday said its business has not been hurt by a social media boycott campaign started in response to the chain's promise to hire 10,000 refugees globally over the next five years.

Starbucks made its Jan. 29 refugee hiring announcement on the heels of President Donald Trump's first executive order that temporarily banned travel from seven mostly Muslim nations. The move angered some Trump supporters, who called on other customers to stop frequenting the coffee chain.Matt Ryan, Starbucks' chief strategy officer, said results from a YouGov BrandIndex survey suggesting that the boycott had dented the brand, "do not reflect the customer satisfaction and perception trends we are seeing so far in 2017."



Related Content

Breaking news
September 18, 2019
Trump taps hostage negotiator O’Brien for national security adviser

By REUTERS