State Attorney closes Gal Beck car accident victim’s case again

By
January 21, 2016 19:28

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

After it reopened this past summer the case of Gal Beck, a 16-year-old who was killed in a traffic accident in 2005, head State Attorney Shai Nitzan on Thursday closed the case again against the driver who hit him after what he called “extensive additional efforts.”

The case had been reopened following a Channel 1 News investigative report which implied the case was originally closed while covering up crucial evidence against the driver, but even as Nitzan found aspects of the new evidence credible, he said that each piece had issues which sufficiently clouded the overall picture and blocked off a criminal indictment. 

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Iran says no OPEC member can take over its share of oil exports

By REUTERS