Syria monitor says government seizes another Aleppo district

By REUTERS
December 12, 2016 07:45

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BEIRUT - The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Monday government forces had seized the eastern Aleppo neighborhood of Sheikh Saeed from rebel fighters in overnight fighting, meaning the opposition has now lost 90 percent of the area they once held in the city.

It said government warplanes had been mounting heavy air strikes overnight on remaining rebel-held areas of eastern Aleppo.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Woman killed in hit and run near Havat Gilad outpost

By JPOST.COM STAFF