Three denied entry to Canada over inert grenade

April 22, 2016 23:20


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

TORONTO - Three people detained on Thursday at the US-Canadian border over an inert grenade have been denied entry into Canada and have gone back to the United States, authorities said on Friday.

Canadian authorities briefly shut down the border crossing over the incident on Thursday at the Abbotsford, British Columbia-Sumas, Washington border, some 78 kms southeast of Vancouver.

The Canada Border Services Agency said in a statement the three people, who were trying to get to Alaska, were released without charges on Thursday.

Spokeswoman Kathy Liu said the incident was not related to terrorism, though she declined to provide further details, citing privacy concerns.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
Turkish court rejects U.S. pastor's appeal, upper court yet to rule, lawyer says