Tourist dies of tehina allergy

By
April 2, 2014 02:21

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A 30-year-old South African tourist, who suffered lower-brain death a few days ago as a result of eating tehina, clinically died on Tuesday. The woman, who had been staying alone, quickly developed anaphylactic shock and lost consciousness.

When she was found unconscious, she was hospitalized at Jerusalem’s Shaare Zedek Medical Center, which contacted her family abroad. They agreed to donate her organs for transplant. Organs were removed and sent to the Israel Transplantation Center.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Iran defense minister: Iran to unveil new fighter jets

By REUTERS