Trump confirms he is considering Mattis for US defense post

By REUTERS
November 20, 2016 16:06

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

WASHINGTON - President-elect Donald Trump said on Sunday he is considering retired General James Mattis for US defense secretary, a day after meeting with him in New Jersey.

Trump said in Twitter that Mattis, a retired US Marine Corps general who previously headed US Central Command, "was very impressive yesterday. A true General's General!"

Related Content

Breaking news
August 20, 2018
Gunshots fired at U.S. embassy in Turkey, no casualties

By REUTERS