Tunisia says initial evidence shows foreign org may be behind Hamas assassination

By REUTERS
December 19, 2016 19:48

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

TUNIS - Tunisia's government said on Monday initial evidence showed a foreign organization could have been behind the assassination last week of a Tunisian national who Palestinian Hamas group said was one of its drone experts.

Mohammed Zawari was killed in his car by multiple gunshots in front of his house in El Ain, near Sfax, on Thursday, officials said. Four rental cars were used in the killing and two handguns and silencers were seized.

Tunisian Interior Minister Hedi Majdoub, at a news conference, gave no more details of the evidence. But Hamas in Gaza blamed Israel on Saturday for the killing of Zawari who it said had been a member for 10 years.

Hamas provided no evidence to support its accusation and an Israeli government spokesman at the time did not respond to a request for comment.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
Taliban withdraws protection from Red Cross in Afghanistan

By REUTERS