Turkey ends military operation in Syria, PM Yildirim says

By REUTERS
March 29, 2017 22:14
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

ANKARA - Turkey has now ended the "Euphrates Shield" military operation it began in Syria last August, Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said on Wednesday.

In an interview with broadcaster NTV, Yildirim said the operation had been successful, and he added that any further operations would be carried out under a different name.Turkey launched its incursion into northern Syria over six months ago to push Islamic State fighters away from its border and stop the advance of Kurdish fighters.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
July 22, 2019
Britain to seek European maritime mission to counter Iran's 'piracy'

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings