Turkey limits border traffic at Syria crossing - customs minister

By REUTERS
August 10, 2017 11:43
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Turkey will limit the movement of non-humanitarian goods at the Bab al-Hawa border crossing with Syria because the Syrian side is controlled by a "terrorist organization," Customs and Trade Minister Bulent Tufenkci said on Thursday.

Last month, Hayat Tahrir al Sham, a rebel alliance spearheaded by the former al Qaeda offshoot Nusra Front, took control of the border area and most of Idlib province in several days of heavy fighting with its main rival, Ahrar al-Sham."Until that group's control ends, or at least weakens, there will be tight control and slowing down of the passage of all products other than humanitarian aid and food," Tufenkci told Turkey's NTV channel.



"We have no imports from Syria, we only export. Therefore, we don't have any issues in that sense," he said, adding that the issue could be resolved in the next two weeks.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
June 20, 2019
Former Interpol chief admits guilt in China court hearing

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings