Turkish plan to drive Islamic State from Raqqa under discussion - Erdogan spokesman

By REUTERS
February 8, 2017 14:52

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

ANKARA, Feb 8 - Turkey has presented a detailed plan to drive Islamic State out of its Raqqa stronghold in northern Syria and discussions on the issue are underway, the spokesman for Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday.

Speaking to broadcaster NTV, Ibrahim Kalin said there had been better coordination with the US-led coalition on air strikes in the last 10 days and Ankara's priority was to establish a safe zone between the Syrian towns of Azaz and Jarablus.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Minister sees end to 'stupid' airport grilling of leftists

By REUTERS