Two men injured in shooting at migrant camp in northern France

By REUTERS
August 16, 2016 14:25

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

LILLE - Two men in the Grand-Synthe migrant camp near Dunkirk in northern France were being treated in hospital for gunshot wounds after a fight broke out on Monday night, a police official told Reuters.

The two migrants, one of whom was Iraqi, had been taken to a hospital in Dunkirk, the official said on Tuesday.

Police had also been called to the camp in the early hours of Monday morning to deal with another fight. Two migrants were injured and taken to hospital in that scuffle also but police did not say whether it involved shooting.

Grande-Synthe, also called the Liniere camp, is on the road between Dunkirk and Calais and houses about 800 migrants, most of whom are fleeing violence and hardship in North Africa and the Middle East.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 25, 2018
WHO extremely concerned about Ebola "perfect storm" in Congo

By REUTERS