Two more French journalists held in Syria

By REUTERS
October 9, 2013 14:39

PARIS - France's foreign ministry said on Wednesday two more French journalists were being held hostage in Syria, taking the number of its captive citizens in the country to four.

The two men, Nicolas Henin, who was working for Le Point magazine, and Pierre Torres, who was reporting for French-German television channel Arte, were taken on June 22, but their disappearance had not previously been made public.

"Everything is being done to ensure their release," the ministry said in a statement.

Veteran war correspondent Didier Francois and photographer Edouard Elias, were also abducted in early June on their way to the northern Syrian city of Aleppo.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 23, 2018
Iconic Jewish-American author Philip Roth dies at 85

By REUTERS