UK police arrest two more after Manchester attack

By REUTERS
May 27, 2017 11:10
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Greater Manchester Police said in a tweet on Saturday that two new people had been arrested after a raid on an address in Cheetham Hill.

"A controlled explosion took place to gain entry into the address," the tweet also said. "Two men - aged 22 and 20 - have been arrested on suspicion of offenses contrary to the terrorism act."

Televised images showed the aftermath of a raid on Brideoak Street in Cheetham Hill in northern Manchester.

Police said in a news conference on Friday that they had arrested a "large part of the network" behind the Manchester suicide bombing but that more arrests were likely.

The tweet on Saturday said "13 people in total have been arrested, of which two people have since been released without charge. A total of 11 men remain in custody for questioning."

A suicide bomber killed at least 22 people in a packed concert hall in Manchester, in what British Prime Minister Theresa May called a sickening act targeting children and young people.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Albayrak says Turkey will come out of volatility stronger

By REUTERS