UK police charge man over terrorist incident at London metro station

By REUTERS
December 7, 2015 09:19

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

LONDON - British detectives have charged a man with attempted murder after a knife attack at an east London metro station on Saturday night which was described by police as a terrorist incident.

Police said 29-year-old Muhaydin Mire of east London would appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court later on Monday.

One man suffered serious but not life-threatening injuries in the attack at Leytonstone underground station while a second person suffered minor injuries.

Eyewitnesses said the attacker had reportedly shouted out "This is for Syria!"

Britain is on its second-highest security alert level of "severe," meaning a militant attack is considered highly likely, though not imminent, mainly because of the threat posed by Islamic State militants in Syria and Iraq.

Last week, British war planes joined air strikes for the first time against IS fighters in Syria.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 23, 2018
Report: Shots fired at IDF forces near Ein Hashlosha

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF