UK police say suspicious package in Manchester deemed safe, cordon removed

By REUTERS
May 25, 2017 13:51
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

LONDON - A reported suspicious package in Manchester which British army bomb disposal experts investigated has been deemed safe, police said Thursday, adding that a cordon had been removed.

"There was a cordon in Hulme, not Trafford as previously suggested, relating to a possible suspicious package," the Greater Manchester Police said in a statement.

"This has now been deemed safe and the cordon has been removed."

Related Content

Breaking news
July 23, 2018
Naftali Bennett responds to heated situation in the north and south

By JPOST.COM STAFF