UK's Cameron condemns attack on Israeli Embassy in Cairo

By JPOST.COM STAFF
September 10, 2011 17:21

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

British Prime Minister David Cameron on Saturday condemned attacks on the Israeli Embassy in Cairo, saying Egypt was responsible for protecting diplomatic property.

"I strongly condemn the attack on the Israeli Embassy in Cairo. We have urged the Egyptian authorities to meet their responsibilities under the Vienna Convention to protect diplomatic property and personnel, including the Israeli Embassy in Cairo. They have reassured us that they take these very seriously," Cameron said in a statement.

"The Egyptian authorities have previously said that they will uphold Egypt’s international agreements including its peace treaty with Israel.  We welcome this and look to Egypt to honour this commitment. We urge both countries to work together to resolve current tensions and enhance regional stability,”he added.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 20, 2018
U.N. secretary-general 'deeply troubled' by Saudi journalist's death

By REUTERS