UK's Hague offers Nigeria help on schoolgirl kidnap

By REUTERS
May 6, 2014 11:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

British Foreign Minister William Hague offered on Tuesday to help Nigeria secure the release of more than 200 schoolgirls kidnapped by Islamist militant group Boko Haram last month.

"We are offering practical help," Hague told reporters as he arrived for a Council of Europe meeting in Vienna to discuss ways to defuse the situation in Ukraine, where the government is trying to quell an insurrection by pro-Russian activists.



"What has happened here... the actions of Boko Haram to use girls as the spoils of war, the spoils of terrorism, is disgusting. It is immoral," he said.



He said he did not want to discuss the details of what help Britain was offering.

The leader of Boko Haram has threatened to sell the schoolgirls kidnapped in northeastern Nigeria, in an attack that has shocked Nigerians.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 17, 2018
U.S. says no rebuilding funds for Syria until peace talks underway

By REUTERS