UN concerned by resumption of Yemen airstrikes by Saudi coalition

By REUTERS
April 22, 2015 22:24

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon voiced concern on Wednesday about the renewal of airstrikes in Yemen by a Saudi-led coalition and said he hoped the fighting would cease quickly.

"When I read the report that fighting was resumed I was very much concerned about that," Ban told reporters. "I sincerely hope there will be an end of fighting as soon as possible."

Saudi Arabia announced on Tuesday that it would end almost a month of air strikes against the Iranian-allied Houthis but resumed operations on Wednesday. Last week Ban called for an immediate ceasefire by all parties in Yemen.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 18, 2018
Google says will appeal EU fine

By REUTERS