UN stunned by multiple civilian casualties in western Mosul

By REUTERS
March 25, 2017 15:57
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BAGHDAD, March 25 - The United Nations expressed profound concern on Saturday over reports of an incident in the battle for the Iraqi city of Mosul that caused a high number of civilian casualties.

"We are stunned by this terrible loss of life," Lise Grande, the humanitarian coordinator for Iraq, said in a statement.

Local officials and residents said on Thursday that dozens of people were buried in collapsed buildings after an air raid against Islamic State militants in the al-Aghawat al-Jadidah district triggered a huge explosion last week.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 21, 2018
Russia calls new U.S. sanctions groundless, pledges response

By REUTERS