US Defense Secretary: Airstrike on Afghan hospital under investigation

By REUTERS
October 3, 2015 18:42

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

US Defense Secretary Ash Carter said the United States still was trying to determine how an airstrike hit a hospital run by Medecins Sans Frontieres in the Afghan city of Kunduz on Saturday.

"A full investigation into the tragic incident is under way in coordination with the Afghan government," Carter said in a statement.

He said the area around the hospital had been the scene of intense fighting in recent days with US forces supporting Afghan Security Forces against Taliban fighters.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 16, 2018
Facebook says it was “too slow” to fight hate speech in Myanmar

By REUTERS