US, Israeli officials: Obama visit is on

By JTA
March 6, 2013 23:03

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

WASHINGTON - American and Israeli officials said US President Barack Obama would not delay his trip to Israel in the event that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu is unable to form a government.

"We have no scheduling changes to announce," White House spokesman Jay Carney said Monday. "The president is looking forward to, very much, his trip to Israel and the region, and we’re on course planning that trip."An Israeli Embassy official in Washington described as "baseless" reports in the Israeli media earlier this week that Obama would delay his trip should Netanyahu fail to meet a March 16 deadline to form a government, a few days before Obama is due to arrive. 



The official told JTA that preparations for the trip were continuing apace and there was no sign of a postponement.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
March 27, 2019
Google to announce deal with Cuba on improving connectivity

By REUTERS