The US Navy has stopped accompanying commercial ships through the Strait of Hormuz, a mission it began last week in the wake of Iran's seizure of a cargo ship, the Pentagon said on Wednesday.
Colonel Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman, said the decision was taken after several days of accompanying US and British commercial ships without incident. He stressed that U.S. Navy ships in the area would still conduct routine maritime security operations.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>