US believes video is authentic and hostage Kassig is dead - NYT

By REUTERS
November 16, 2014 21:41

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

WASHINGTON - The US government believes a video purportedly showing the severed head of American Peter Kassig is authentic and that Kassig is dead, the New York Times said on Sunday.

Citing a senior U.S. official as saying the government was increasingly convinced that the video was authentic and that Kassig was dead, the Times said US intelligence agencies had previously received strong indications Islamic State forces had killed him.

Kassig, an aid worker who previously served in the US Army, had been missing more than a year after disappearing in Syria.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Pompeo: 'time for peace' as Afghanistan announces ceasefire with Taliban

By REUTERS