US court extends psychiatric evaluation of holocaust museum shooter

Medical problems complic

By
November 5, 2009 04:46

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For a symbolic $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Don't show it again

Officials at a US prison hospital on Wednesday said chronic medical problems were complicating a psychiatric evaluation for an 89-year-old man accused of fatally shooting a guard at Washington's Holocaust museum. US District Judge Reggie B. Walton granted an eight-week extension for the evaluation of James von Brunn. Walton said the warden at Butner Federal Medical Center in North Carolina requested the extension because several chronic ailments were preventing officials from conducting necessary tests. The report on von Brunn's competency to stand trial had been expected at the end of November. Monday's order extends von Brunn's time at Butner to January 2. Von Brunn is accused of killing Stephen T. Johns at the US Holocaust Memorial Museum on June 10.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 24, 2018
Saudi woman to drive F1 car ahead of French Grand Prix

By REUTERS