US military continues to strike Islamic State in Iraq

By REUTERS
August 20, 2014 19:26

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

WASHINGTON - US war planes continue to strike Islamic State targets in Iraq despite the militants' killing of a US journalist in retaliation for President Barack Obama's air campaign in Iraq, US officials said on Wednesday.

The United States has been conducting attacks on Islamic State vehicles and other targets in northern Iraq since earlier this month, as the White House seeks to help Iraq push back militants who have poured into the country from neighboring Syria.

In an act of apparent revenge for the strikes, the hardline Islamist group on Tuesday posted a video showing the beheading of American journalist James Foley, who disappeared while reporting in Syria in 2012. The group also threatened to act against another US journalist reportedly in its custody.

Officials at the Pentagon said an announcement from US Central Command about renewed strikes was expected later on Wednesday.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 19, 2018
Three rockets launched from Gaza Strip into Israel

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF