U.S. official: New North Korea projectile launch detected

By REUTERS
August 1, 2019 22:27
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)



WASHINGTON - North Korea appears to have carried out a new projectile launch, two U.S. official said on Thursday, adding that initial information indicated it was similar to previous tests carried out by Pyongyang.

One of the officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said the launch did not pose a threat to North America. The official said it was unclear how many projectiles had been launched.

The latest launches came after North Korea fired two short-range ballistic missiles early on Wednesday, only days after it launched two similar missiles on July 25.


Related Content

Breaking news
August 20, 2019
Trump: Appropriate to let Russia join Group of Seven

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings