US says concerned by deaths of two Palestinians in West Bank

By JPOST.COM STAFF
June 21, 2014 09:27

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The United States continued to offer its support for efforts to locate the three Israeli teenagers who went missing in the West Bank last week and reiterated its warning for all parties to refrain from step that could escalate the situation, US State Department Spokeswoman Jen Psaki said Friday.

"We urge all parties to exercise restraint and avoid steps that could destabilize the situation," Psaki said, adding that Washington has been in contact with both the Israelis and Palestinians. 

During her daily briefing, Psaki said the US was concerned by the reported deaths of two Palestinians on Friday in the West Bank, and was seeking more information on the circumstances surrounding their deaths.

Palestinian reports on Friday said two Palestinians were killed during clashes with security forces during overnight raids in the West Bank

Related Content

August 15, 2018
Netanyahu announces increase in security budget

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF