US says they are open to further bilateral meeting with Iran

By REUTERS
October 15, 2013 16:58

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

GENEVA - The United States would welcome a further bilateral meeting with Iran on the sidelines of nuclear negotiations between Tehran and six major powers that began in Geneva on Tuesday, a US State Department spokeswoman said.

"We would welcome an opportunity for a bilateral and have said so," Deputy State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said during a break in talks between Iran and the United States, Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany.

Earlier Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said that neither the Iranian nor US delegations had asked for such a meeting. US Secretary of State John Kerry held bilateral talks with Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in New York last month after Zarif met foreign ministers of the six powers. Tehran and Washington have had no diplomatic ties since 1980.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
BREAKING: Drive-by Shooting in Tel Aviv

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF