(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
WASHINGTON - The US government believes the Islamic State militant group, which claimed Wednesday's attack in northern Syria that killed four Americans, is likely responsible, although it has not reached a firm conclusion, two U.S. government sources said on Thursday.
The bomb attack killed two US troops and two civilians working for the US military in Manbij, weeks after US President Donald Trump said the group had been defeated in Syria and that he would pull out all US forces.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>