Web-bought restorative lands man in hospital

By
October 22, 2017 16:28
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For a symbolic $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Don't show it again

A 27-year-old man who ordered a naturopathic product -- a pollen from the leaves of a plant known as butcher’s broom -- to regulate his bowel movements and make tea after Yom Kippur ended up at Hadassah University Medical Center suffering from poisoning. He called a mobile intensive care unit and managed to hand over the bag of the crushed plant to the paramedics before he collapsed.

The Jerusalem medical team, who used an ECMO machine for his heart and lungs and saved his life, said that no one should use such a product without consulting with an expert and making sure it was from an authorized supplier. 


Related Content

Breaking news
June 24, 2018
Egypt to extend state of emergency for three months

By REUTERS