White House: US has helped France, Belgium on security since Paris attacks

By REUTERS
March 18, 2016 20:14

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The White House said on Friday the United States had been helping French and Belgian authorities to boost security since November's Paris attacks, and that this would continue.

The comments from White House spokesman Josh Earnest came after news broke that Salah Abdeslam, the most wanted fugitive from the attacks in which 130 people died, was wounded and caught in a shootout in Brussels Friday.

Earnest told a daily press briefing he did not know whether President Barack Obama had been briefed.

"The United States obviously has significant resources and significant capabilities, and we have used them to assist the French and the Belgians as they have conducted investigations into the attacks and as they have taken steps to try to safeguard their country," Earnest said.

"We're going to continue to stay in close touch with them on this," he said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 24, 2018
Flood threat still existent in Hurricane Florence aftermath

By REUTERS