Woman dies in north Tel Aviv hotel after drinking unknown substance

September 15, 2015 18:35
1 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Tel Aviv Police have opened an investigation into the mysterious death of a young woman who died suddenly on Tuesday after drinking an unknown substance while staying in a rental “cabin” next to Tel Aviv University.

Tel Aviv Police Spokesman Eran Yehuda said that around mid-day a man called paramedics saying that he and a friend of his had drank something in the hotel room and that his friend was unconscious. Yehuda said police and paramedics arrived at the scene to find the woman unresponsive and that attempts to revive her failed.

The man was lightly hurt and taken by Magen David Adom paramedics to Ichilov Hospital, where he was listed as being in light condition.

The incident took place at a compound of shacks which is on the campus of Tel Aviv University, just past the parking lot for the school of social work. Yehuda said the “hotel” rents out rooms by the hour, and that police have not determined what brought the man, who was in his 40s, and the woman in her 20s to the site on Tuesday.

Yehuda said police still do not know what the two drank, but that it was not alcohol. He added that police will only know what poisoned the woman after her autopsy at Abu Kabir Forensic Institute is completed. 

Related Content

Breaking news
August 20, 2018
Turkey: Shots fired outside U.S. embassy