Yemen govt minister dismisses Houthi pullout from Hodeidah as a "show"

By REUTERS
May 11, 2019 17:44
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

A minister in the Yemeni government backed by Saudi Arabia dismissed on Saturday the Houthi movement's pullout from the Red Sea port city of Hodeidah as a "show" meant to "disinform the international community." "What happened today is a flagrant show, a group of (Houthi) militiamen left (the city) and they were replaced by others wearing coast guard police uniforms," Information Minister Muammar al-Iryani told Reuters.

The Houthis on Saturday started withdrawing forces from Saleef port in Hodeidah under a UN-sponsored deal that had been stalled for months, a Reuters witness said, reviving hopes for peace efforts to end the four-year war."It's an attempt to disinform the international community," said Al-Iryani.


Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2019
U.S. records 21 measles cases in a week, worst outbreak since 1992

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings