HACKERS AND cybersecurity.
(photo credit: REUTERS)
The Motorola Solutions R&D center has developed technologies that will be integrated in the future to assist police forces in maintaining smart public safety.
“Israel is an island of innovation and advanced solutions, and Motorola Solutions Israel is working to help save lives and protect the public,” Motorola Solutions Israel CEO Shimon Dick said. “In recent years, as part of the company’s global strategy to become a software and service solutions provider for government agencies and security forces, we have expanded our activity in Israel with analytical and artificial-intelligence technologies. Our developments will soon become operational tools in both Israel and abroad.”
Motorola Solutions, a global leader in smart communications solutions and advanced technologies for public-safety bodies, recently held its annual R&D Innovation Exhibition in Israel, at which it presented innovative Israeli developments that address the new security challenges facing governments and organizations.
Here are a number of technologies that were showcased at the exhibition:
• Mobile LTE (fourth-generation closed-line communications network) for immediate deployment that enables full coverage in remote areas without cellular coverage, such as during fires and natural disasters, terrorist attacks and other cases where cellular networks have collapsed, forests and deserts. The communications network enables calls, push-button communication (PTT), real-time video streaming and many other broadband applications.
• The “Alexa” of security forces, or a digital assistant like Siri, which uses artificial intelligence, a natural language-processing engine and IIoT controllers. The assistant enables the provision of voice commands that are translated into actual performance, as well as receiving critical information for security forces and critical infrastructure workers, such as electricity and water companies and airports.
Some examples are remote operation of a police car, activating a siren, opening and closing gates and activating traffic lights.
JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
• A command and control system based on Microsoft HoloLens fire-extinguishing systems and broadband communications (LTE) for security forces. The system enables fire brigade commanders to receive real-time imaging of the fire zone and critical information coming from the scene, such as the firefighters’ oxygen status and biometric data, and intuitive communication.
• A system that combines a smart camera with artificial intelligence and a natural language-processing engine, which enables detection and identification. For example, during a chase, a policeman can request the camera to locate a suspect with a green shirt and a red hat, and the system will identify all relevant suspects in real time.
• Automatic event log for command and control centers – a development that enables the recording of police and security calls in the communications system and automatic conversion of events to text calls (such as WhatsApp). Thus, in emergency situations, in which many conversations are held simultaneously, the operator of the control center can better manage events without incident.
• All the technologies presented at the exhibition are developed in Israel and in many cases are based on experiences and lessons drawn from terrorist attacks, accidents and natural disasters, such as the fires that broke out in Israel in recent years, in which there were many casualties.If you run a young start-up, have developed an interesting app or have a question, please feel free to contact info@ social-wisdom.com.
Translated by Hannah Hochner.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>